The 2021 Hurricane Season is here, and the likelihood of a hurricane making landfall in New Orleans is high. It’s important to have your home prepared for an evacuation in case you need to get out fast! We’re going to go over some tips on protecting your property from storms and what steps you should take if you live in an area prone to hurricanes.
- Install hurricane shutters to protect your windows
- Add a roof tie-down kit to secure the roof to the house
- Check for any areas of your home that might leak or have water damage and fix them now before it’s too late
- Replace old, rusty gutters with new ones so they can handle heavy rainstorms better in the future
- Get an insurance quote from multiple companies so you know what type of coverage you need for your home and family
- Make sure all electrical equipment is properly grounded and not exposed to water sources like sinks or kitchen counters because electric shocks are always dangerous when wet
- Secure outdoor furniture, plants, and items that could be blown away or cause damage to your house
Using these tips is only the first step in preparing for the 2021 Hurricane Season. You should also talk to your local officials about what they recommend you do as a homeowner, and make sure you have enough supplies on hand just in case of an emergency.
If any of these safety measures are too complicated for you to perform on your own, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help! Our team is ready, available, and can provide emergency services if needed. Let us know what we can do for you today by giving our office a ring at 504-821-1530 or fill out the contact form below.